Below is this week’s summary. It should be a one minute read relevant to UK energy with links to documents for those who wish to read more.
(Click a bullet point to open the relevant article)
Tuesday – 9th March
- Cities in Northern Ireland, Scotland and England have placed an order for 50 public transport buses to be fuelled by hydrogen.
Thursday – 11th March
- UK Government has announced a £95 million fund for construction of offshore wind turbines in Teesside and Humberside (NE England).
- A 50 MW solar power generation plant has received planning permission in Shropshire (Western England).
Friday – 12th March
- The UK Government has ‘called in’, for public consultation, the local government decision to develop a new coal mine in Cumbria (NW England).
Saturday – 13th March
- An opinion piece states that UK has 7 nuclear power generation sites (15 reactors), contributing 16% of UK electricity, with 6 of 7 sites being decommissioned within a decade.
Sunday – 14th March