Below is this week’s summary. It should be a one minute read relevant to UK energy with links to documents for those who wish to read more.
(Click a bullet point to open the relevant article)
Monday – 15th February
- According to research conducted by Imperial College London, on behalf of power generating company Drax, 42% of 2020 UK power was generated from renewable resources including wind, biomass, solar and hydro.
Tuesday – 16th February
- Two semi-detached show homes, fuelled entirely by hydrogen, the first of their kind according to this article, will open to the public in April in NE England.
Wednesday – 17th February
- The nuclear industry has launched a Hydrogen Roadmap and says it can deliver a significant proportion of emissions-free (‘green’) hydrogen in support of UK net zero ambitions.
- Qatar, the single biggest provider of liquid natural gas exports in the world and largest, by volume, supplier of imported liquid natural gas to the UK, has announced plans to keep its top position for the next 20 years.
Thursday – 18th February
- The largest cruise liner ever built for the UK market, capable of carrying over 5000 passengers, will be fuelled by liquid natural gas.
Friday – 19th February